Ni-CD: Battery Maintenance Training
The BMT learning objectives for the maintenance/operators staff are:
- to enable customers to identify the circumstances, preliminary investigations results that may require Saft assistance, technical expertise and/or it’s approved repair network intervention (return for repair and/or expertise request),
- to learn fundamentals on one side and specifc details on another side of Saft aviation battery features and benefits,
- to acquire the maximum autonomy in the maintenance and repair operations while applying Saft component maintenance manual (CMM) or operating maintenance manual (OMM) instructions.
Over two complete days, the BMT training program includes:
- Basic Ni-Cd battery electrochemistry,
- Ni-Cd operational characteristics,
- Aviation battery troubleshooting, safety and environmental instructions,
- A comprehensive review of recommended battery maintenance instructions.
The BMT training are located in Valdosta, Georgia, USA (for North American and Mexican operators) and Bordeaux, France (for International operators except NAM and Mexico)
The Bordeaux site BMT training final step is illustrated by a workshop tour: aviation manufacturing assembly line presentation (cells, battery mounting, testing, storage…).
Training courses are primarily taught in English (Translation arrangements can be made on a case by case basis for French and other languages)
The Battery University curriculum is authorized by the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration as a certified Inspection Authorization (The training is worth eight hours credits towards Inspection Authorization (IA) renewal)
2017 BMT training courses planning
Please contact us for more information.
International customers (except North America and Mexico): for courses in France, please contact Laurent Bressoud at
Tel: +33 1 49 93 18 22
Fax: +33 1 49 93 19 56
North American and Mexican customers: for courses in USA, please contact Amelia Halsted at
Tel: +1 229 245 2950
Fax: +1 229 247 8486